Monday, June 21, 2010

Calico Ghost Town


Ok, so yah, it's been a year since I've posted. Maybe I'll just make it a vacation blog! So far everything is going great. Weather has been cooperating so much! First day in Barstow was only 85, next day got a little hotter at 96. We spend the day at Calico Ghost Town. It was really fun! I was actually surprised. The kids seemed to really enjoy it except for not being able to go on the train ride that I promised them we'd go on. They were so disappointed and I felt like a total clod. The train was broke down so I told them it was sick. The kept calling her Lady which is an engine on Thomas the Train, so we went with it. They kept telling me we needed gold dust to make her better...again a thing from Thomas. I told them we probably wouldn't find any but she was in the hospital and would be better soon. Sure enough about 30 minutes later as we're looking through different shops, there is a gold panning shop that you get to get "gold dust" at. The boys did their gold panning, took their gold dust up to Lady and through it all over her to make her better. Was precious! Anyways, here's some pictures from yesterday:



 Exploring Maggie's Mine
 View from the look out point



 The boys with their gold dust.
 Tough boys.
 This was hilarious!  Pretty pervy for back then!
 It's a Chuckawalla!  I used to catch these with Mr. DeGraw.
 Cool old wagons everywhere!  I was in heaven!
 Alex driving his first horse.
 This is Bill and Lucy Mae...owners of the saddle/leather shop.  They helped the boys make there own personalized leather bracelets.
 Sweet Andy-boy sharing his peppermint stick with Papa.  He loves to share...but you have to ask nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment